Rehabilitation therapy helps in treating animals with numerous conditions that causes pain or mobility issues. Just as in human medicine, physical rehabilitation can help get your pet back on their paws after a set back. Rehabilitation therapy may help speed up overall healing, improve normal joint range of motion and mobility, combat obesity, improve fitness, and promote a higher quality of life for our pets.
Rehabilitation therapy embodies many treatment options, which may include:
- Manual therapy, such as massage, stretching, and joint mobilization
- Laser therapy
- Therapeutic exercises
- Pulsed magnetic therapy
- Intra-articular injections
- Assistance with brace and wheelchair fitting
What pets benefit from rehab therapy?
- Senior pets
- Pets recovering from surgery such as for cranial cruciate injury, fracture repairs, etc
- Pets with orthopedic injuries and conditions such as arthritis, hip/elbow dysplasia, and soft tissue injuries
- Neurologic patients, such as those with disc injuries, post-operative hemilaminectomies, and degenerative disease
- Obese pets
- Working dogs to improve fitness and conditioning